Click on image to view full painting
20″ x 24″
The Makapuu Lighthouse first illuminated the Pacific Ocean on October 1, 1909. Its massive lens is 12 feet tall, weighs 12 tons, and was displayed at the 1893 Chicago World’s Fair before being shipped to Hawaii. The lens was hoisted up the Makapuu cliffs in sections using block & tackle. The only places to see this lighthouse from land are from Makapuu Beach or the Makapuu Trail.