Click on image to view full painting
24″ x 12″
The King David Kalakaua Building (the downtown Post Office) was built in 1922 to serve as the Territory of Hawaii’s U.S. Post Office, Customhouse, and Courthouse.
Designed by York & Sawyer, it is one of several examples in Honolulu of Spanish Mission Revival architecture (Honolulu Hale is another example).
This building was named after King Kalakaua because he was Honolulu’s Post Master before he became Hawaii’s King.