Click on image to view full painting
36″ x 18″

This U.S. Immigration Office on Ala Moana Boulevard opened in 1934. The lead architect was C.W. Dickey, who also designed the Alexander & Baldwin Building, the Halekulani Hotel, and the Kamehameha Schools campus buildings. C.W. Dickey’s trademark architectural feature is the double-pitched “Dickey Roof” with its wide overhangs. This building is listed in the National Register of Historic Places. In 2014 Immigration Services moved to another location, and the U.S. Homeland Security Administration Services moved in. They closed the building to the public, installed protective gates, and the beautiful grounds have been neglected. This painting was done in 1999 when it was still a well-maintained and beautiful building that was open to the public.



Comments are closed.