Click on image to view full painting
24″ x 12″
Opened in 1922, and known locally as the downtown Post Office, the real name of the building is The King David Kalakaua Building, in honor of the Kingdom of Hawaii’s last king. David Kalakaua also served as the Territory of Hawaii’s first Postmaster General.
The large Royal Palms in this painting were removed in 2019.